- What should I put in this file?
- Frequently-asked questions and their answers, obviously.
- What should I put in this directory?
- This directory should contain information about ``the site''. In
addition to the general configuration file
you should have a
that serves as a general ``about this site'' and shows up when you view
index.ht if you want to hide the
usual directory listing for the directory.
- What else?
- This is the right place for things like site policies (e.g. on copying,
privacy, acceptable use, and so on), contact information, pricing,
- What about the GPL?
- It is the opinion of the authors (well, SteveSavitzky at least) that
/site/ directory needs to be web-accessible
anyway, the source distribution requirements of the GPL are
automatically satisfied for all files contained in it. If you need one
of your (original) files not to be covered by the GPL, you
need to note that in the file.